For system administrators, it is possible to control the permissions and available features that different types of users can have when using Peakon.
This article will cover:
- Understanding the default access control groups
- Adding users to access control groups
- Creating a custom access control group
- Notifying members to log into Peakon
- Exporting access control group members
- Access group status
A list of all access control permissions and what they mean can be found in this article.
Understanding the default access control groups
The Access Control page can be found through the Administration panel. It is only available to users who have access to the entire account.
You’ll notice that you already have some default groups set up. Find an explanation of each of these below.
Adding users to access control groups
There are two ways that access control groups can be populated.
- Manually - individually selecting and adding the user to the group
- Populating a group via an attribute - selecting a segment of employees of which all the people managers (through reporting lines or managing a segment) will be added to the group
Manually adding/removing members
This option is available on all the default groups with the exception of the "Manager" group.
- Select the access control group and click on the Add people icon
- Select the person from the list and click on Add
To remove a member, simply click on the Remove icon.
Populating a group by attribute
This option is suitable for larger groups of employees. For example, the default manager group is populated this way. All managers with reports within the chosen segment are automatically added to the access control group.
Removing members: this is done on the employee record itself by clearing the attribute value used to populate the access control group.
Creating a custom access control group
To add a new access control group follow these steps:
- Go to Administration and then Access Control
- Click on the Add group button
- Type in the group name
- Choose the type of Access users should have
- Under the People section, choose whether the group should be populated manually, or automatically by including/excluding certain segments
- Set the permissions
- Save the changes
If you have chosen to add members manually, you can add them now. Please note, if you opted for 'Managed employees' under Access, it will only be possible to add people managers to this group.
Notifying members to log into Peakon
Once the access control groups have been created and all the relevant permissions have been selected, it's then possible to notify members of the access control group to let them know that they now have access to log into Peakon and view their dashboards.
- Adding new members to the "Administrators" group triggers an instant email to be sent inviting them to view their Peakon dashboard.
- For all other groups, members will need to be notified that they have access to view their Peakon dashboard
The email will be sent according to the language preference set on the employee record, the survey itself, or the last language detected on the employees browser. Where none of these are present, Peakon will have no way to detect the employee's language preference and the email will default to English.
Manually notifying members
- Select the access control group
- Click on the "Notify" icon beside their name in the list
- The clicking on the dropdown icon beside the notify button will allow you to preview the notification email.
Bulk notifying members
Bulk notifying is a good option for larger groups.
- Select the access control groups that needs to be notified
- Click on the Bulk notify option at the top of the list of employees
- Select any relevant filters in the right menu and click on Next step
- Review the filtered employees you'll be notifying and click Notify
A notification email will be sent to these users immediately, prompting them to log into their Peakon dashboard.
Relying on automatic emails to notify members
When the digest email or the low participation email has been enabled on survey rounds, an email will be sent to all managers either daily or at the end of the survey round and only if there is new data to show on the dashboard. The email contains a link to the dashboard allowing members to log into Peakon and view the results of their dashboard.
Exporting access control group members
It is possible to export a list of all users from any of the access control groups:
- Select an access control group
- Click on the Export option at the top of the list of employees
- Select any relevant filters and click on Export to download the file
Access Control group status
All manager groups have the option to be made inactive temporarily. This is a one-click option that will stop members of this group using their privileges effective immediately even when the individual permissions are turned on.
The access group activity status is configured separately for each group, and can be found under the permissions within the group.
Article: Access control permissions explained
Article: Access by question set