Having the ability to survey your employees more frequently than on an annual basis allows you to move towards a continuous listening approach, which in turn can lead to a positive impact on your employee engagement.
This article contains instructions as well as Peakon recommendations for setting your survey and question frequencies.
Setting your survey frequency
The options include weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, manual and custom.
In manual mode the survey will only go out once on the specified date within the schedule. In custom mode it is possible to set the frequency to automatically launch every X number of weeks.
To manage your survey and question frequency:
- Click on Configuration > Schedules option in the left menu
- Click the green View icon on your schedule to open up the schedule settings
- Select the Frequency tab
- Once you’ve selected your frequency settings, click on the Save settings option.
When using multiple survey schedules, the frequency is set on a per schedule basis, so it is possible to have different survey frequencies for specific teams, or groups of employees eg. new starters.
Peakon's survey frequency recommendation
We recommend using one of the higher frequencies which has the following advantages:
- Less questions asked per round to each employee
- More frequent insights can be collected and acted upon
- Managers become more engaged with their dashboard and scores, as the focus is on continuous engagement
We suggest reading our choosing the right frequency for your organisation article, which gives a breakdown of why choosing a higher frequency is better for your organisation.
Setting your question frequency
The question frequency allows you to determine the frequency of each type of question being asked:
- Driver questions
- Sub-driver questions
- Engagement questions (including Engagement "outcome" questions)
- Value questions
Open ended questions
The frequency for open-ended questions is set on a per-question basis. You can do this by selecting the Configuration > Questions option in the left menu followed by the Open-ended question tab.
Question summary box
When selecting the survey and question frequency, you’ll notice a summary box to the right that shows an estimate of how many questions will be asked for each round, based on your chosen frequency settings.
Question rotation algorithm
To understand how question sampling and rotation works on Peakon, read our article on Peakon sampling and questions rotation.
Peakon's question frequency recommendation
Using Peakon's standard driver and sub-driver questions, without the addition of any custom driver or sub-driver questions, will ensure that employees are asked all driver and sub-driver questions over the course of three months when also using Peakon's recommended survey and question frequency listed below:
- Survey frequency: monthly
- Engagement frequency: monthly
- Driver frequency: monthly
- Sub-driver frequency: quarterly