As an administrator, you can combine the results of two or more segments into one new segment for analysis. This can be done prior to a survey launch, as well as retrospectively after a survey has long been closed.
Example and instructions
Let's imagine that you have teams dispersed in several countries, which can be found under your "Location" attribute.
The marketing team has grown in size and now spans over two locations - London and Copenhagen. You would like to give certain managers access to the marketing team in their location only. They are not people managers, therefore are not linked to these employees directly, so you are looking for a way to give them segment management access to the relevant group only.
This can be solved by creating a new special cases attribute.
- Go to Administration > Attributes and create a new attribute for this special case
- Manually add new segments to your special cases attribute and give them a name that's contextual to the data they will later contain (in this case a mix of Marketing x London and Marketing x Copenhagen)
- Navigate to Administration > Employees and use the filters on the left side to filter on the data that you need. With the given example, you would first filter Department = Marketing, and Location = London
- Select all employees and click the green Edit button to bulk update them
- On the bulk update profile, find the field for your special cases attribute, and select the new segment you have created in step 2
- Go back into the Employee page and filter by Department = Marketing, and Location = Copenhagen to move the Copenhagen Marketing employees to this segment
- Follow the instructions in this article to grant managers access to this segment
When the next survey round goes out you will see that data populate for the new segments you have created.
If you need to apply the changes retroactively, make sure you backdate the change to a specific time in point when you're bulk updating your filtered results on the employee page. This will then capture previous survey results and place them into the special segments.
For Premier clients, it is possible to combine results of two option type attributes automatically through setting up combination attributes.