On Peakon, there are 3 types of question sets:
- The standard question set containing Peakon engagement questions (0-10 scale)
- Open-ended questions containing free-text questions
- Custom company question set (0-10 scale)
These feed into the question algorithm, and all question types will be covered in the same survey.
This article will focus on creating your own custom driver and question sets that follow a 0-10 scale, available to Business and Premier customers. To read more about the engagement question set, click here.
Customers on the Business Plan are able to create one custom driver and all questions in the customised question set will be aggregated into one score. Customers on the Premier plan have the flexibility of creating multiple custom drivers, and each custom driver will have its own aggregated score.
By creating a custom driver and adding in their custom questions, organisations benefit from the analysis for their custom questions without skewing the engagement model. This is also a useful option in adding any specific questions that your organisation have been using and benchmarked for many years, without skewing the engagement model.
The customised question set is for continuous listening on topics that benefit from continuous measuring. Therefore, it is best placed for questions that are strategically important to the business rather than used in ad hoc surveys.
We encourage you to work with our organisational development science team to phrase your company questions in the best way possible to eliminate bias. To read more about best practices for formulating questions, click here.
Some examples of custom drivers could be:
- Agile working
1. Setting up your custom questions
Administrators can find their custom question sets by going into the Question configuration page in the Administration panel, and clicking on the [Company name] questions option.
To get started, click on Create custom driver to create a driver in which to include your custom questions. An example would be to group all your agile working related questions under a single driver.
Business plan customers can create one custom driver whilst Premier plan customers can create multiple drivers.
After creating the driver, you can start adding questions to it by clicking on Add question and choosing which driver the question should be added to. You can also target customised questions and add your own translations, just like with customised engagement questions.
Similar to the engagement questions, these will be rotated in the survey depending on your frequency settings in your schedule.
To view your frequency settings, navigate to Administration > Schedules > View > Frequency.
On this page, administrators can enable and manage the frequency for their custom company question set, as well as their standard question sets.
As the customised questions are organised into drivers, the driver frequency setting under your company question frequency sets how often a question from each driver is asked. You can verify the impact this will have on the number of survey questions on the right hand side.
Your custom questions will be added to the rotation algorithm and sent to your employees alongside the other questions. These will be rotated in a continuous survey approach.
3. Viewing scores
Scores and comments for your customised drivers and questions can be viewed in multiple ways:
- Segment heat map - switch your view between Engagement scores and your custom question scores. The heat map currently shows custom driver overall scores, and in the future it will also support scores per custom question
- Drivers page - navigate between the engagement and customised driver scores using the navigation tabs
- Individual driver pages - when clicking into a custom driver, you can view more information about the aggregated driver scores and comments from the driver questions
- Question scores page - navigate between the engagement and customised individual question scores using the navigation tabs
- Comments page - either view all comments in one view or using the filters, switch to comments from custom driver questions only
- The customised question set is not yet supported in all areas of the product, such as the main overview. It is also not possible to create actions or set these as priorities. These features will be supported soon.
- Access rights work in the same way as engagement. Therefore if a manager has 'Access statistics' enabled, they will be able to see data for all question sets, and users with 'Manage questions' enabled will be able to manage all question sets.
- If you would like to move an existing custom question to the custom drivers page, please reach out to your customer success manager, who can do this for you.