This article will outline any best practices for administrators when enabling the personal dashboard for their employees.
- Enabling the personal dashboard
- Accessing the personal dashboard
- Using the personal dashboard on mobile
Enabling the personal dashboard
The personal dashboard is activated in the default Employees access control group, or can be activated on a new 'Individual' type access control group, when doing a phased roll-out.
Additionally, the administrator can allow employees to compare their own scores to their team and/or company scores. If both of these permissions are enabled, employees will be be able to filter by either of these options.
Permissions to enable for managers
The personal dashboard works best when managers have these permissions enabled in their access control group:
- Access statistics
- Access to priorities and strengths
- Access to manage priorities
- Access to actions (Business plan)
- Manage actions (Business plan)
When the above permissions are turned on, managers will be able to share their team's priorities and actions in their employee personal dashboards. Setting priorities and actions leads to an increase in employee engagement. Making them visible on the personal dashboard allows employees to see the progress of the priorities and actions, so they know their feedback is being acted upon, and feel heard.
To only roll out the personal dashboard to a small group, create a new Individual type access control group and manually add the users to it.
It is recommended to communicate to your employees and managers how the personal dashboard works. Below are the other guides related to the personal dashboard:
- Getting started with your personal dashboard
- Using your personal dashboard
- Using the personal dashboard with your direct reports
Manager facing considerations
- For a priority to appear in the personal dashboard, it must be accepted
- For an action to appear in the personal dashboard, it must be linked to a priority driver and it needs to be set to 'Shared'
- When a priority driver has not been chosen, the personal dashboard will show a blank state in the priority area
Survey participant facing considerations
- The personal dashboard will be completely private to the employee
- Their manager will only be able to accept priorities and add actions if the team has met the visibility criteria
- If a manager has not set any priorities, the actions will not be visible
Accessing the personal dashboard
Currently the personal dashboard can be activated at the end of the survey, but employees can revert back to their personal dashboard link at any point, so it is a good idea to bookmark https://app.peakon.com/employee-dashboard/.
For an employee to activate their personal dashboard outside a survey round, they will need to go to the above link and request a password reset.
Using the personal dashboard on mobile
The personal dashboard can also be accessed via the Peakon iOS mobile app. Managers who use the app for their manager dashboard can easily switch between their personal and manager dashboard. Employees who use the app to participate in their survey are able to use the same app to access their personal dashboard.
The first version of the Android app does not yet support the ability to complete your survey or to view your personal dashboard.
Article: Using your personal dashboard