When first getting setup on Peakon, it's important to ensure that preliminary steps have been completed prior to scheduling your survey. For example, reviewing the questions, reviewing the attributes and uploading employee records, and setting the benchmark and data aggregation setting. Our Getting Started on Peakon in 6 easy-to-follow steps article is a good resource to read through in the lead up to scheduling your first survey.
Scheduling a survey
Clicking on the "Schedule" option in the left menu will open up the schedules page. The schedule page will contain a "Company" schedule by default, which can be customised and used to survey your entire company, if needed.
Clicking on the green "View" icon on the company schedule will open up the company survey settings for that particular survey. The settings are categorised under the various tab listed below. We recommend going through each of the survey tabs and saving the settings as you go. The "Schedule" tab should be left for last as this is where you can set the survey send out date, which should be the last step once all the other survey tabs' settings have been saved.
The survey tabs are listed as follows with detailed articles linked on each, which explain each tab's individual settings:
- Schedule - this is where you set the send out date and enable data collection. This is also where you can manage the automated survey reminder emails once the survey is live
- Frequency - this is where you can set the frequency at which the survey will be sent out. This is also where you can set the driver question frequency for surveys running on one of the automatic schedules
- Target - this is where you target the survey to specific groups of employees.
- Email - this is where you can set the survey sender. This is also where you can customise the standardised email subject along with the standardised email body. You can also select how often digest emails should be sent out to those managers who will be granted access to view their team's survey results
- Survey Settings - this is where you are able to turn on Peakon's illustrations in the survey. This is also where you can enable the personalised employee engagement summary. The survey language can also be set from this tab
Sending out test rounds
It's possible to send out a test round from each of the tabs listed above by clicking on the "Send test round icon". This will allow you to send out a test round to individual employees or to segments of employees. Test rounds scores will not be aggregated into the real survey results. Test rounds can be used to validate the survey questions and to ensure the surveys are being delivered correctly.
For guidance on sending out test rounds, take a look at our Sending a test round to employees article that outlines how to send a test round, and also provides some best practices when sending out test rounds.
Article: Setting the Survey Schedule and Survey Reminder Emails
Article: Setting your Survey and Driver Question Frequency
Article: Targeting Survey Schedules to Specific Segments of Employees
Article: Setting and Previewing the Survey Emails
Article: Configuring the Survey Settings
Article: Sending a test round to employees
Article: Viewing your Personal Survey Engagement Summary
Article: Enabling the Personal Engagement Summary
Article: Peakon dashboard digest emails