The “Schedules” menu option under "Configure" is where you will set the date for your survey to be sent along with the duration for how long the survey will be open for. This tab will also display the next send-out date if running the survey on one of the automatic modes.
This page will also give an overview of the frequency of the survey and how many employees the survey is being sent to.
The "Schedules" menu option is also where you are able to control the automatic survey reminder send-out dates.
Setting the survey schedule is typically done last after all the other survey settings have been selected, such as frequency, target, email, survey settings, etc.
To set the schedule:
- Select the start date
- Choose the duration for the survey to be open for
- Click on “Enable data collection” to allow the survey to be sent at the set start date
When selecting the start date the end date will automatically be populated according the survey duration that has been selected. It's possible to override the end date by clicking on the override icon and selecting a new end date. Note, this will not update the duration icon from the original selection, however, the duration will effectively be the new end date that you have selected.
Once data collection has been enabled, the next survey round dates will also be shown. It's also possible to override these dates by clicking on the "Override" icons.
What time will surveys be sent?
There are a couple of scenarios to consider regarding the time that the survey will go out.
- If you schedule the survey for today's date and enable data collection the survey will go out immediately, regardless of timezones.
- If the survey has been scheduled for a date in the future and data collection has been enabled, the survey will go out at the times listed below, taking into consideration the following factors:
- When the timezone has been set on employee records, the survey will be sent out at 09:00 in the employee's respective timezone
- If the employee is receiving their first Peakon survey and there is no timezone set on the employee record, the survey will be sent at 09:00 UTC
- If the employee has already answered a Peakon survey, and there is no timezone set on the employee record, Peakon will send the survey at 09:00 in the employee's local time. This is because Peakon was able to remember the employees timezone based on their browser settings when they took the last survey.
Once the survey has been sent and data collection begins you will be able to see when the next survey reminder will be sent out to employees who have not yet completed the survey. It's possible to override the date for the next reminder by clicking on the "Override" icon.
It's also possible to send survey reminders at any time by clicking on the "Send reminder" icon. This will immediately send out survey reminders.
It's possible to preview survey reminders by clicking on the drop-down arrow on the "Send reminder" icon. You will be able to preview the:
- Survey reminder
- Low participation reminder
Survey reminders are sent to those employees who have not yet completed the survey.
Low participation emails are sent out to managers at the same time as survey reminders are sent. Low participation emails are only sent to managers when there is lo participation within their teams.
Low participation emails can be deactivated from within the access control groups in the employee section.
For more information on the cadences and conditions for when these two emails are sent, please refer to our Automated Survey Reminders Employee Reactivation Emails and Low Participation Emails article.
Article: Setting your Survey and Driver Question Frequency
Article: Targeting Survey Schedules to Specific Segments of Employees
Article: Setting and Previewing the Survey Emails
Article: Configuring the Survey Settings
Article: Setting the Timezone and Language Fields on Employee Records Using the File Upload Method
Article: Automated Survey Reminders, Employee Reactivation Emails, and Low Participation Emails