As an admin member of your Peakon account, you are able to add managers to segments enabling them to view the segment results. For example, if you have an attribute for regional areas within your company, you may want to assign an HR responsible to a particular segment within that attribute.
Assigning a manager to a segment is useful when you have managers that are not necessarily people managers but they are responsible for certain areas of your business. It's possible to assign any employee as a manager of a segment, regardless of whether they are a manager in the employee hierarchy.
By assigning a manager to a segment, they will automatically be added to the default "Manager" group in the access control page. If they already have dashboard access, they will be able to search the segment they are responsible for in the left menu.
There are two options for adding managers to segments:
- Adding managers to segments from the attribute page
- Adding managers to segments from their employee record
1. Adding managers to segments from the attribute page
This option is only available to global administrators who have access to manage attributes.
- Click on the “Configuration” option in the left hand menu
- Select "Attributes"
- Select the attribute to show its list of segments
- Click on the orange “+” icon on the manager section of the attribute’s segment
- Type in the managers name or email and then click on orange "Add" icon
To remove a manager from a segment, click on the orange “+” icon to see the managers currently assigned to the segment. You will then see an option to remove a manager from the segment.
2. Adding managers to segments from their employee record
This option is available to any member of an access control group where the "Segment management access" permission has been enabled under the "Employees" group of access control permissions - see screenshot below. This would typically be a permission that you would grant to a group of local HR admins who also have permission to view and update employee records.
Once this permission is enabled, managers can be added to segments as follows:
- Click on "Employees" in the left menu
- Search and select the manager who needs to be added to a segment
- On their open employee record details, select the "Managing" tab at the top of the screen
- Click on the green "Add segment" option and choose the segment they need access to
To remove a manager from a segment, open up the employee record and click on the "Managing" tab and then click on "Revoke access" beside the relevant segment.