From time to time, you’ll want to edit data in Peakon to match changes to your teams. In this guide, we’ll run through editing employee attributes retroactively and fixing data errors.
Let’s first run through the most common scenario we hear about for such changes: Imagine you’ve got a team that’s become too large to report to only one manager, so two members of the team have become people managers, with half the remaining employees reporting to each of them. But, this organisational change was put into effect six weeks ago, and since then the feedback employees have been giving through Peakon has incorrectly been attributed to their old manager.
Following these steps, however, it’s easy to retroactively adjust the employee records in Peakon to reflect these changes:
1. As the admin of your Peakon account, click the employees icon in the menu bar on the left of the page. You’ll now see the list of all the employees you have in the system. You’ll now want to use the filtering option and filter by your department attribute, so you only see the employees in this department.
2. Now find the two employees who have become the managers on the team and select these records and click "Edit".
3. We have a Job Level attribute to indicate an employee’s seniority, so we’ll update this to indicate these two employees are now Managers.
4. But as this organisational change happened six weeks ago, we need to back-date these changes in Peakon: Click the small clock icon and enter the specific date the change happened.
5. Once you have clicked on the "Backdate" option you will need to click on the "Review changes" option at the bottom of the screen.
6. Once you have reviewed the changes and are happy to proceed, click on the "Save changes" option at the bottom of the screen.
7. Now we have our two new managers, we need to change the reporting relationship for the rest of the employees: Select the first group of employees, click Edit, and with the Manager attribute, select their new manager.
8. Make sure these changes are back-dated correctly and save your changes.
9. Once you have clicked on "Backdate" click on "Review changes" at the bottom of your screen again, followed by "Save changes".
10. Repeat this step with the rest of the employees to assign them to the second manager.
Now these changes are made, we can go to the dashboard and look at how they’re reflected there. Going to Segment, I can filter by the manager and department attributes to see how our two new managers have been doing since their promotion six weeks ago.
Sometimes you may come across incorrect attribute data for an employee that’s been wrong for some time – for example, an employee who’s attributed to the wrong office or department.
In such a situation, you’ll simply need to search for that single employee's record on the Employees page, edit the attribute, and after clicking the small clock icon, choose the ‘Start’ option to indicate that this change is backdated to the start of Peakon's data collection for the employee – as you can see in the screenshot below:
All the employee’s feedback (going back to when you started using Peakon) will then be retroactively attributed correctly.
If you’ve any questions about this process, don’t hesitate to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help out.