It's often useful to create an attribute on Peakon for the purpose of segmenting managers and non-managers. This will allow you to gain insights into what is motivating your organisation's people leaders and learning what challenges they face to better support them.
As an administrator, you will firstly need to create a new attribute on Peakon and add any relevant segments to gain the desired level of insights. As a minimum, we would recommend adding at least one segment called "People Manager" or something similar.
1. Creating the new attribute and segments
- Click on "Configure" in the left menu and select "Attributes".
- Click the "+" button to add a new attribute and add an option type attribute and name it.
- Add any relevant segments to gain the desired level of insights, for example; "Manager" and "Non people manager"
2. Populating the segments
The quickest way to initially populate the segments is to do so from the employee overview. Thereafter, you can populate the segments via a CSV file upload the same way as all other segments are populated or via an HRIS integration.
- Click on "Configure" in the left menu and select "Employees"
- Using the "Employee Role" filter, filter by "Manager" to get a list of all your people managers.
- Select all employee records in the filtered list and click on the green "Edit" icon
- Update the value on the employee records for the newly created attribute and backdate if required.
- Repeat the same steps to populate the "Non people manager" segment by filtering by "Employees" on the "Employee Role" filter.
3. Viewing the segments
It's now possible to view the engagement scores of these segments the same way as you would any other segment. When a new survey round closes, strengths and priorities will also be calculated for these segments allowing you to focus on your people managers to better support them in their role.