As the administrator of your Peakon account, you can setup Access Control groups, which will enable you to control the feedback managers can see on their Peakon dashboards and the features they have access to, which determines how they're able to interact with the data.
There are three components to administering access control:
- Setting up access control groups
- Choosing the right access control permissions
- Notifying members within an access control group
This article covers "Setting up access control groups" and "Notifying members".
Accessing the access control groups
On your Peakon dashboard, click Configure in the left menu followed Access Control.
You’ll notice that you already have some default groups set up. The two main groups you'll see are:
Administrators: This group is intended for the small group of people who’re directly responsible for the Peakon platform in your organisation. Admins are able access and edit all employee information. They can also view all the feedback and analysis from employees, throughout the company. Most organisation’s usually only have two or three admins.
By default, members of the admin groups will have access to all the permissions. Members of this groups can be added manually.
Managers: The members of your Manager group are defined by the Manager attribute. This group is populated automatically based on the reporting lines in employee records. Therefore, managers can only see the feedback from their managed employees – i.e. those employees reporting upwards to them in the org-tree.
By default, permissions for this groups need to be enabled by an administrator. Members of this groups are automatically added based on reporting lines.
Adding and removing members from groups
There are two ways that access control groups can be populated.
- Manually - this means individually selecting the members of a group
- Populating a group via an attribute - this means selecting a segment of employees of which all the people managers will be added to the group.
Manually adding/removing members
This option is available on all the default groups with the exception of the "Manager" group.
- Select the access control group
- Click on the green "Add people" icon
- Select the people from the list and click on "Add"
Removing members: simply click on the red "Remove" icon.
Populating a group by attribute
This option is suitable for larger groups of employees. For example, the default manager group is populated this way. All managers with reports within the chosen segment are automatically added to the access control group.
Removing members: this is done on the employee record itself by clearing the attribute value used to populate the access control group.
Once the access control groups have been created and all the relevant permissions have been selected, it's then possible to notify members of the access control group to let them know that they now have access to log into Peakon and view their dashboards.
- Adding new members to the "Administrators" group triggers an instant email to be sent inviting them to view their Peakon dashboard.
- For all other groups, members will need to be notified that they have access to view their Peakon dashboard
Th email will be sent according to the language preference set on the employee record, the survey itself, or the last language detected on the employees browser. Where none of these are present, Peakon will have no way to detect the employee's language preference and the email will default to English.
Manually notifying members
- Select the access control group
- Click on the "Notify" icon beside their name in the list
- The clicking on the dropdown icon beside the notify button will allow you to preview the notification email.
Bulk notifying members
Bulk notifying is a good option for larger groups.
- Select the access control groups that needs to be notified
- Click on the "Bulk notify" option at the top of the list of employees
- Select any filters in the right menu (number of responses, last notified, last seen online). These filter allow you to only notify those managers who meet the minimum segment size and have data to show on their dashboard, or only notify those managers who have never been notified before etc.
- Click on "Next step" and review the filtered employees you'll be notifying before clicking on "Notify"
Relying on the Digest email to notify members
When the digest email has been enabled on survey rounds, an email will be sent to all managers either daily or at the end of the survey round and only if there is new data to show on the dashboard. The email contains a link to the dashboard allowing members to log into Peakon and view the results of their dashboard.