Adding employee records to Peakon can be done in two ways by first clicking on the "Configuration" option in the left menu, and then selecting the "Employees" option. From there you can either click on the "Import" icon to do a CSV file upload, or you can click on the black "Add employee" button to manually add an employee record. This article covers both methods.
- CSV file upload
- On the employee overview page, click on the black "Add employee" button to add an employee record for the new manager before saving
- Go back to the employee overview page and use the filters on the left, to filter on the employees who should now be reporting directly to the new manager you added in step 1. You could filter on the new manager's predecessor, for example.
- Once you have the filtered list of employee who will be assigned to the new manager, select all of their records and click on "Edit" to make a bulk edit.
- Check the manager box and select the new manager's name.
- Decide whether the change should be valid from now or backdated.
- Click on the green "Valid from now" to backdate the change to reporting line for these employees. Backdating would typically be used if the new manager had already started managing the selected employees before a survey went out for the purpose of populating the new manager's dashboard with survey results. Backdate to a date before the survey went out to ensure those results are captured on the new manager's dashboard.
- Click "Review changes" followed by "Save changes"
CSV file upload
- On the employee overview page, apply the filters to get a list of employees who will be reporting directly to the new manager. You could filter on the new manager's predecessor on the manager attribute, for example.
- Once you have the filtered list, click on the "Export" icon and download the CSV file
- Add a row on the exported sheet containing the new manager's employee record details
- On the same sheet, change the email address in the "Manager" column to the new manager's email for the rest of the employees who will report into the new manager. This will create a new employee record for the manager and update the employees to report into the new manager.
- On Peakon, click on the "Import" icon on the employee page
- Decide whether the change should be valid from now or backdated. Clicking on the "Set valid from" option will allow you to back date the change to a specific date in the past. Backdating should only be used if the new manager had already started managing the selected employees before a survey went out for the purpose of populating the new manager's dashboard with the said survey results.
- Click on the green "Choose excel file" option and select the file
Access control groups
Once the employee record for the new manager is added and the reporting line is updated, the new manager will automatically appear in the default "Manager" access control group. If another access control group is being used, be sure to add the relevant group and click on the notify option to grant the manager access to their dashboard.