Peakon supports sending the engagement survey over several channels, including email, Slack and SMS. Administrators can choose to enable SMS on a per-schedule basis through the Peakon web interface, after which employees with a phone number will receive a link to the survey over SMS, in addition to the regular email. The employee will also get an SMS reminder to complete the survey during the round.
If an employee has not been configured with a work email, it is still possible to send the survey over SMS only, increasing the overall reach of the survey.
The sender of SMS messages
In most countries, the sender of the survey SMS will appear as Peakon. However, in some countries, depending on the individual carrier network and/or regulation, the SMS may appear to be coming from a regular phone number.
Unsubscribing from the survey over SMS
To unsubscribe or re-subscribe to receiving SMS messages from Peakon, employees can send an SMS with the word STOP or START, respectively, to one of the numbers below:
- United States: +1 888 2737 006
- United Kingdom: +44 752 0619 640
- Denmark: +45 609 94980 1662
- Sweden: +46 769 436370
SMS Delivery Rates
Sending your engagement survey over SMS normally works well to phones in most countries. However, SMS as a technology is inherently less reliable than email, and country-specific regulation, carriers and subscriber configurations do affect delivery rates. Therefore, it sometimes happens that an employee might not receive their engagement SMS as expected.
In that case, please contact Peakon support at email@example.com, so that we can investigate the underlying reason and even re-send the SMS if needed.
To guarantee the best delivery rate for your engagement survey over SMS, always make sure to send a test survey to at least one employee in each country where employees will receive the overall engagement survey.
CSV file upload method and phone number formatting
When using the CSV file upload method to import and update employee records on Peakon, please ensure the following formatting is present on the file:
- Peakon's downloadable template will already contain a column on the sheet for adding phone numbers. When not using Peakon's template ensure a column is present on the sheet called "Phone".
- Phone numbers need to include an area code, eg. Phone numbers in the UK would have +44 followed by the rest of the phone number to read as +4412345678910
- The phone number is stored on the file as a text type cell for the import to work. This is important as any other cell type will likely cause errors during the import.